Jack

Jack
My puppy

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

A twisted world respoonse

  This was a humorous article.  I fully agree with everything that it states would happen if celebrities were to run our country.  This article shows much of what we value in this country, and that is ourselves.  We could care less about politics because we just want for the most part to be entertained.  We idolize the rich and famous because we want to be like them.  It is all about how much you have and what you look like, and how popular you are.  This in my opinion is what has brought this country to political and economic turmoil.  Do not get me wrong I like President Obama, however I feel he has tried to become a superstar celebrity.  He's appeared on various magazine covers, and numerous television programs including ESPN and even Oprah.  This may be an attempt to try and indear himself to the American people, make them feel as if he is just like them, however he is not.  Obama is the president of the United States, he should stop trying so hard to be a celebrity and stick to running the country.

No comments:

Post a Comment