Jack

Jack
My puppy

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Brainstorming

For the first project in English-101 we were asked to write about how we became the reader and writer that we are today.  I think to show how I evolved into the literate person I am today I will display it visually through the use of a collage showing my life chronologically.  This project is rather personal for me, because a lot of how I became the reader and writer I am today was the direct result of the love and support I get from my family.  Im going to use pictures of me as a child with my family to begin my visual story.My parents and grandparents always read to me when I was a baby and toddler.  I think reading to kids from a very young age is crucial. Reading to kids when they are little, although they can often get annoying about it, really helps them to develop their vocabulary and I also think it helps them recognize words faster which ultimately is beneficial to them when they are beginning to read because they are faster to recognize words. I also plan to incorporate my never-ending interest in sports.  I have played sports for basically my entire life and they have had an enourmous impact on my life.  I might also incorporate a small piece about how when I was a kid I read every single book I could get my hands on about dinosaurs.  I'm not sure what else to include, but these aspects are a solid building block for my first project.

No comments:

Post a Comment